14020 Stowe Dr Poway, CA 92064
The Senior Buyer performs a wide variety of purchasing activities in support of achieving organization goals. Responsible for managing assigned commodities and supplier bases for companies within the San Diego region and supporting site purchasing activities as needed. This position is responsible for reviewing demand requirements, analyzing stock and delivery schedules, and executing purchase releases as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for soliciting quotations, engaging in pricing, delivery, and stocking negotiations.
- Develop strategic partnerships and employ Lean and Kanban practices in the development
- Execute the purchases of electronic components and assemblies, machined parts, cabling, and other items as it pertains to manufacturing operations.
- Participate in research and development projects, Material Review Board and product development teams.
- Analyzes demand data for quantity ordering and delivery scheduling utilizing MRP, kanban usage, and supplier agreements.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’ s degree and/or completion of a professional certificate program, such as university extended studies, APICS, AME, or ISM certification is highly preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a purchasing professional in an electronics manufacturing environment utilizing electronics, cabling and metal fabricated parts.
- Experience in supporting NPI projects is required
- Previous purchasing experience in PCBA, metal and/or plastic fabrication is preferable
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze data and effectively communicate judgments/decisions based on that data to others
- Intermediate skill in all MS Office applications
- Demonstrated experience using ERP systems for planning and procurement
- Demonstrated understanding of the relationship of transactions in ERP for materials movement in purchasing, planning, manufacturing and accounting
- Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing documentation and interpretation of technical drawings
- Strong demonstrated understanding of manufacturing assembly processes
- Demonstrated leadership skills that bring positive influence to peers and promote team work
- Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a " U.S. Person" (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees)