Senior Civil/Structural Engineer
Tampa, FL 33607 US
Title/Position: Civil/Structural Engineer
Location: Tampa, FL
Work Schedule: Monday, Friday Remote; Tuesday to Thursday Onsite; Every-Other Friday Off
Citizenship: US, Green Card, Permanent Resident
Relocation Assistance: Yes, Local candidate preferred.
Our client is a private, Florida-based company where people matter, where your voice is heard, and where decisions are made with team members' best interest in mind.
Company's 20-year history: Supported clients in the oil refining, petrochemical, fertilizer (phosphate and nitrogen), chemical, pharmaceutical, municipal, consumer products, and industrial facilities industries in the USA and internationally.
They offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, long term care, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, and company events that supports our team members throughout their career.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer.
The Sr. Civil/Structural Engineer is accountable for the adequacy of calculations, engineering drawings and specifications for a project and compliance with schedule and budget.
- Lead Projects - when acting as Lead Engineer, P.E., seal all Civil/Structural documents on a project
- Generate and check calculations and prepare specifications and drawings
- Thoroughly review CAD drawings
- Supervise, interact, and mentor with engineers, designers, and CAD drafters while also working with other disciplines
- Design steel structures, concrete structures and foundations to support structures and/or equipment
- Design underground piping, sumps, and drainage
- Prepare architectural layouts, man-hour estimates and project staff plans, and material take-offs for Project Controls
- Prepare CSA scope documents/summaries and deliver project technical documents
- Deliver technical documents on a project within schedule and budget
- Participate in updating or creating departmental procedures, specifications, standards, etc.
- Support performance management system
- Support all project team members in achieving performance goals
- Maintain a high level of technical competency
- Participate in training to further extend knowledge base
- Travel, as needed; U.S. and international (required)
- B.S.C.E. or M.S.C.E.
- 15 to 25 Years of experience in the refining, fertilizer, pharmaceutical or chemical industries
- Must have a current valid P.E. and be willing to obtain more registrations
- Have a NCEES Record or will obtain it
- Have a TWIC card or can obtain one
- Must be proficient using STAAD.Pro and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be proficient using spMats and spColumn
- Have working knowledge of MicroStation CAD, BricsCad, and AutoCAD
- Must have good working knowledgeable of IBC, OSHA, ASCE-7, Florida Building Code
- Must have very good skills working NavisWorks with 3D laser Scans
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Working knowledge of site drainage, underground piping, and architectural work is a plus
- Must have the ability to travel within the U.S. and internationally