Senior Design Engineer - Hot Air Valves
2301 Wardlow Cir. P.O. Box 3300 Corona, CA 92878
To execute and manage engineering projects, leading staff, as required, to achieve agreed objectives.
- To undertake design and verify applications activities covering both industrial and defense markets for hot air valves.
- Lead the execution of hot air valve design work. Then, generating personally, or supervising the generation by others, of all the concept design, detail drawing, and manufacturing information together with any product support documentation that may be required under the contract.
- Understands Hot Air Exhaust Flow (350 PSI, 5000 Standard Cubic Feet per Minute, 1200 degrees F)
- For some projects, active participation in development testing will be necessary.
- Execute the work in accordance with good engineering practices to ensure a technically compliant and safe product that meets all applicable standards and statutory directives that apply to our industry and type of product.
- Provide sales and commercial support, as well as production support appropriate at all stages of the product lifecycle.
- Contribute to business improvement activities, specifically Kaizen events and problem-solving activities.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Senior Project/Design Level: 10+ years applicable experience in development, installation, testing and certification of increasing complex valves including valves for hot air applications.
- Design delivery – at or within agreed time-line
- Support on time delivery - at or above target level
- SolidWorks (preferred)
- MathCAD, Ansys Twin Builder or CFD, Structural Dynamics or Equivalent Engineering Software Tools
- LabView experience is a plus
- MS Office
- ASME Y14.5
- Stress Analysis – Linear. FEA experience is a plus.
- Preferred - Structural Mechanics - Fastening Methods, Torque Design, Material Selection
- Preferred - Machine Elements in Mechanical Design - Strength of Materials, Processing, Finish, etc.
- Heat Transfer
- Tolerance Analysis
- Technical Writing – Technical Proposals, Assembly and Test Procedures Reports, Failure Analysis
- Compatibility - Lubricants, Service Media, Materials • Knowledge of electronics and EMI is a plus.
Education & Experience
- An engineering graduate from an accredited college or university with 10 – 15 years of experience of design, development and project management. Ideally with high pressure, hot air pneumatic and hydraulic valves and systems.
- Generally, computer proficient with 3D CAD tools, preferably SolidWorks and Ansys analytical tools.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, Concurrent Engineering environment. Ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation. Agility and personal adaptability with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities with a high sense of urgency in a rapidly changing environment.
- Knowledge of component design and analysis techniques and utilization of best Engineering practices. Must understand the principal of cost and process effective design.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving situations; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention; displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions and engages appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Strong communication (oral and written), skills. Effectively communicates across all mediums, audiences, and situations. Builds bridges and connections to internal and external customers. Is easy to approach and talk to; is a good listener; relates well to all people throughout the organization.
- High ethical standards. Models and supports organization’ s goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; keeps confidences; admits mistakes. Follows through on commitments. Honest and candid.
- Understanding of Requirements Management, including change configuration management, traceability, validation and verification, etc.
- Demonstrated lean engineering transformation capability - A success pattern that demonstrates steadily expanding scope and depth of responsibility and continuously improved personal outcomes. Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Broad tactical & strategic “ bandwidth”, i.e., the ability to successfully manage multiple and/or rapidly changing priorities. Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; strives for continuous improvement.