Senior Dev Ops Software Engineer
33 Technology Drive Irvine, CA 92618
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior DevOps/Software Engineer. We are looking for motivated individuals to join us on our journey. You’ ll need to think big, move fast, and have the desire to make a significant impact. You’ ll be able to influence how DevOps is rolled out across our R&D organization. This position will be highly visible within the engineering organization and offers the opportunity to continue to climb the technical ladder.
• Act as a senior developer on systems and connectivity technologies.
• Responsible for Continuous Integration tools (like JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and Jenkins)
• Design and implement Build, Deployment, and Configuration management for product development teams.
• Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
• Work as part of a dynamic team throughout the entire software development life cycle
• Conduct design and code reviews to ensure compliance with standards
• Administer Linux servers, AWS Cloud environment and services to support continuing operations
• Introduce the latest technology and tools to our team of industry experts
• Education Requirements. BS degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field is required. MS degree is preferred. Additional work experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
• Must have 5+ years of Software Engineering experience in one or more programming languages (Java is preferred)
• 2+ years of experience with DevOps tools like JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and Jenkins is required.
• Experience with software design patterns and Object-Oriented programming
• Experience with networking protocols like TCP/IP and UDP
• Experience with Linux operating systems
• Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
• Knowledge in distributed messaging framework like Kafka and RabbitMQ is a plus
• knowledge in Cloud computing like AWS is a plus