Senior Director, Projects - (New Land/Attraction Development)
1000 Universal Studio Lakewood Bldg Orlando, FL 32819
Responsible for directing and managing all aspects necessary for the development of Major Attraction Projects, including all planning, budgeting, scheduling, estimating, design, construction, fabrication, delivery, and commissioning required to open the attraction within the assigned budget, quality, schedule, creative and guest experience targets.
- Responsible for the pre-qualification, procurement, selection, contracting and performance of all Contractors, Vendors, Manufacturers, Fabricators, etc. required to complete the development of the new attraction.
- Insure that all project procedures are being followed as it relates to Correspondence, Requests for Information (RFI’ s), Directives, Shop Drawings, Submittals, Meeting Minutes, Punch Lists, Deficiency Lists, Notices, Pay Applications, etc. necessary to successfully implement the new attractions.
- Responsible for the hiring and selection of the necessary project team members.
- Responsible for the performance of each of the project team individuals as it relates to the successful opening of the new attraction.
- Responsible for the development and growth of the project team.
- Responsible for the management and development of the creative content done by the Creative team members or outside consultants.
- Responsible for the final delivery of a guest experience that meets the initial objectives set forth during project approval.
- Responsible for the pre-qualification, procurement, selection, contracting and performance of any and all designers and vendors contracted to develop creative concepts.
- Responsible for the pre-qualification, procurement, selection, contracting and performing of any and all Architectural, Engineering, Technical Designers and Creative Designers hired to complete the design phase of the attraction.
- Responsible for the successful completion of the design within the budget and schedule established for the project.
- Responsible for maintaining the overall project budget and schedule within the targeted objectives set forth during project approval.
- Responsible for the management, tracking and reporting of all the project components inclusive of budget, schedule and progress of the project to upper management.
- Maintain accurate documentation necessary to insure a successful project completion within the targeted budget and schedule.
- Responsible for directing and managing all aspects necessary for the development of Major Attraction Projects.
- Major decision-making.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred in Architectural, Engineering or Construction Management.
- 15+ Years: of experience in the development and management of major projects with hospitality/entertainment/theme park experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The planning horizon is three years.
- Planning requires knowledge of in-depth division operating plan and understanding of overall company goals.
- Responsible for management of standard policies and procedures within a major function and may coordinate work processes across divisions.
- Accountable for divisional key performance indicators (Annual Operating Plan, Guest Satisfaction (GSAT), Team Member Satisfaction (TSAT).)