Senior Electrical Engineer - Healthcare Building Infrastructure
San Diego, CA 92123 US
Employment Type: Full-time
- Degree: Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer License required
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Able to lead electrical design projects and a team of design engineers.
- Demonstrate project management skills.
- Experience using AutoCAD, ETAP/SKM and Revit.
- Be self-motivated, inquisitive, detail-oriented, adept at looking at underlying issues, and willing to work in fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Prior experience working on Healthcare/Hospitals building Duties:
- Perform field surveys for the design of electrical systems, gather information, and prepare site assessment report.
- Prepare electrical schematic designs.
- Design power single line and riser diagrams.
- Perform electrical calculations (arc flash, coordination, short circuit, voltage drop, load flow) using ETAP/SKM.
- Lighting fixtures and power equipment selection.
- Perform lighting and power circuiting.
- Design and coordinate the lighting control system.
- Prepare fire alarm device layout based on International Fire Code and NFPA 72.
- Design fire alarm riser diagrams, calculations, and sequence of operations.
- Prepare enlarged plans, elevations, schedules, and details.
- Understand and utilize CAD/BIM standards.
- Have a working knowledge of California Electrical Code and Energy Standards to design medium voltage and low voltage electrical systems.
- Coordination among different disciplines, such as mechanical, plumbing, telecom, civil, structural, and architectural. Work in close contact with the entire design team.
- Edit specifications for projects.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple large size projects involving other senior engineers and subconsultants.
- Provide mentorship to design engineers.
- Prepare proposals independently for clients.
- Demonstrate active development of business with new and existing clients.
- Review and respond to RFI’s.
- Review equipment submittals.
- Perform punch walks and prepare punch list report.
Upon eligibility, some of the benefits offered include:
- 13 Observed Company Paid Holidays a year
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Employer-paid Group Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Plans such as: Accident, Critical Illness, and Pet Insurance
- Tuition & Training Assistance
- 401k Retirement Plan with immediate eligibility and up to 25% employer match
What sets us apart?
For 13 years in a row, we have been regarded as a “Best Place to Work” by our employees. Why? Because we value satisfied employees just as much as satisfied clients. With competitive benefits, flexible work schedules, paid training/professional memberships, and more - we aim to attract the best talent and keep them here.