Senior Electrical Engineer I
1 W 3rd St. #200 Tulsa, OK 74103
Our Client is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer I in our Tulsa, OK office. The position of Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for designing power systems primarily for Oil, Gas & Chemical projects: Specifying power requirements for refineries, chemical/process plants, and lighting systems; Design experience with low, medium and some high voltage, switchgear, relays, ETAP or equivalent and VFD’ s. Able to lead the preparation of construction drawings, specifications, scope of work, and design calculations; and perform short circuit analysis, arc flash studies, load analysis, and photo-metrics using appropriate software.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Application of Knowledge of Building Systems (Conceptual Design):
- Has a complete working knowledge of code including but not limited to: NFPA 70, 72, 101, 110, 780; UL 96A; and Building Codes.
- Working knowledge of building requirements for special occupancies.
- Works with building/facility owner to ensure that the appropriate systems/products are utilized in their facility.
- Complete knowledge the design of power distribution, medium voltage and below.
- Complete knowledge of the application of emergency systems, legally required systems and optional standby systems.
- Fully coordinates the connections of all power utilization component connections.
- Grounding design, proper application.
- Lightning protection design, proper application, system types.
- Lighting design, system types, and understanding of the following concepts:
- Pros and cons for system applications.
- Application of color temperatures.
- Lighting rules such as spacing to mounting height ratio, manual point to point calculations, impact of horizontal and vertical foot-candles.
- Life safety requirements (egress and exit marking).
- Applications of various control systems.
- Fire alarm design:
- Smoke detection design:
- Smoke detection systems.
- Smoke detections applications.
- Other system interconnections.
- Device layout.
- Telecommunications design:
- Systems types.
- Understanding of the EIA/TIA standards.
- Card access system design, system types, functional procedures.
- CCTV system design, system types.
- Intrusion detection systems design, system types and applications.
- Paging and intercommunication systems design, system types and applications.
- Performs analysis of proposed and potential systems to present Value Engineering options to the facility owner for their consideration for the incorporation into the project.
- Documentation of calculations, reflecting code compliance of the following:
- Lighting calculations.
- Power load calculations.
- Short circuit and voltage drop calculations.
- Coordination studies.
- Ensures that there are complete and accurate construction documents.
- Ensures that there are complete and accurate specifications.
- Construction Support:
- Problem solving for field oversights including RFI and/or photograph review.
- Shop drawing/submittal review.
- Field inspections and reports.
- Project Management:
- Supervision of the staff assigned to the projects.
- Ensuring staff utilization.
- Overseeing the work performed by the assigned staff.
- Prepares design estimates for assigned projects.
- Designs project within provided design budget and negotiates additional design fees when scope is expanded.
- Provides direction for what is to be included in design package issues.
- Works with PDP/EM to ensure that project schedule will be met and complete documents provided for each submission.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Electrical Engineering, minimum.
- Minimum 10 years of experience.
- PE License required or eligible to obtain within 6 months.
- NEC Electrical Codes and ETAP experience
- Various PLC and DCS control system architecture.
- Construction and equipment specifications and installation practices for all area classifications.
- Engineering utility systems for industrial equipment / Building utility systems for industrial equipment.
- Refinery and or chemical plant electrical engineering experience required, three years’ minimum.
- Proficient in reading and understanding P&ID’ s, instrumentation functionality, and power requirements.
- Knowledge of Electrical Equipment Specification Required including Generators and UPS.
- Travel is required (10 – 25%).