Senior Electrical Engineer
Greenwood Village, CO 80111 US
Title/Position: Sr. Electrical Engineer
Location(s): Greenwood Village, CO, Tulsa, OK, Chattanooga, TN
Work Site: Onsite & Hybrid Options
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Pay Scale: $120,000 - $145,000 / year
Industry Experience: power, energy, oil and gas or other industrial process industries.
Our client is seeking a full time Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Energy, Manufacturing & Bioprocess business unit in our Greenwood Village, CO, Tulsa, OK, Chattanooga, TN. This business unit supports several market sectors including but not limited to industrial manufacturing, food & personal care, refining, power, and advanced biofuels markets.
This is a Full-Time position. Relocation assistance will be considered.
- Independently develop electrical design documents and drawings.
- Engineer will Work on a major project or several projects of moderate scope with complex features.
- May serve as Project Lead.
- Coordinate, Analyze, and approve the work of others.
- Conceptual and detailed design of low voltage power distribution, lighting, grounding, motor control systems, PLC/PAC, HMI’s process equipment and instrumentation.
- Routinely interact with clients, customers, officials, contractors and others.
- Lead and make presentations at project meetings.
- Perform typical electrical calculations including but not limited to voltage drop, short circuit, coordination studies, arch flash, relay settings, conduit fill, lighting, and grounding.
- Develop datasheets for electrical equipment including motors, transformers, VFDs, UPS.
- Develop specifications for electrical equipment including transformers, switchgear, MCCs.
- Develop electrical drawings including one-line drawings, electrical schematics, electrical equipment layout, hazardous area classification, grounding layout.
- Oversee development of electrical deliverables including but not limited to one-line drawings, electrical schematics, electrical equipment layout, hazardous area classification, grounding layout.
- Candidate shall have excellent communication skills and technical writing skills.
- Occasional travel to client project sites to support field walk downs and as-built efforts.
- Project Discipline Management:
- Monitors work performed by the assigned designers.
- Ensures that all project internal and external comments and markups are incorporated into the project’s design documents.
- Monitors allocated resources to ensure that the work performed is within project estimates.
- Works with Design/Engineering Managers to ensure that project schedule will be met, and complete documents are provided for each
Required / Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of electrical engineering experience, preferably in power, energy, oil and gas or other industrial process industries.
- Experience developing one-line drawings, control schematics and wiring diagrams, electrical equipment specifications, power plans, conduit plans, cable schedules, etc.
- Working knowledge of technical Codes and Standards: NEC, IEEE, NFPA, IEC, etc.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Excel & Word.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, REVIT or other design software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an A.B.E.T. accredited college is required.
- PE License required.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Local candidates strongly preferred.
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- Be able to work in an open environment with discussions and visitors without getting distracted.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.