Senior Electrical Engineer
800 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90017
Working alongside innovative and award winning colleagues on high profile projects in California, you will have the opportunity to leave your own unique mark on our incredible project portfolio.
The purpose of this role is to provide a high level design engineering service to the Group acting as a proactive Project Leader on projects, as required. The Senior Electrical Engineer will work closely with clients, architects and other the Company' s Engineers and/or design team members as part of a dedicated and skilled team. Duties include the production of coordinated detailed design drawings, electronic models, specifications, written reports, site observation reports, schedules etc. on a variety of projects within the electrical discipline, as well as the coordination with utility companies and obtaining the necessary electrical permit approvals from Plan Check.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as job leader
- Organize technical and financial proposals for new work.
- Manage workload of Project Discipline Engineers and Technicians (including verification of quality)
- Take responsibility for concept and preliminary engineering solutions for detail design.
- Prepare Technical Specifications.
- Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary).
- Continually ensure practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client' s best interests & Company policy is keeping with current legislation and the relevant building codes for the relevant state etc.
- Responsible for planning, organising and managing personal workload in order to meet deadlines in line with client commitments.
- Maintain an overview of the project team' s workload and commitments in order to successfully meet deadlines and balance resource utilisation.
- Actively contribute towards delivering profitable projects in the context of project finances.
- Monitor financial performance of jobs, with the setting up and managing of job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary).
- Typically over 7 years' experience of electrical engineering design in the building services and construction industry.
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with ability to work independently.
- Registered Professional Engineer or Chartered membership of a professional institution.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the California Electrical Code and Title 24.
- Broad electrical design knowledge, from working on a wide range of projects.
- AutoCAD, REVIT and lighting design software, such as AGI or DIALux.
- Excel (a detailed understanding including the use of macros).
- LEED AP accredited preferred.
- Relevant first and typically further degree qualification.
- REVIT experience desired.
- Familiarity using computational analysis tools such as electrical fault analysis, California Title 24 calculation software and lighting design software.
- Ideally, the candidate will also have considerable experience working on international projects, as well as domestic projects.
- Experience with wide range of projects, including the design of the following systems: Power Distribution, Emergency Lighting, Generators, Fire Alarm Systems, Utility Coordination, etc.
- Experience dealing with Plan Check and obtaining electrical design approvals.
- Understanding of ICT and lighting design specifications.
- Competitive Salary & Benefits package.