Senior Electrical Engineer
3661 San Ignacio Ave. San Jose, CA 95119
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be tasked in supporting and maturing the Army' s next generation vehicles.
- As a Sr. Electrical Engineer your responsibilities include maturing the vehicle design and integrating various electrical/electronic components and vehicle architectures related to power generation, power distribution, cabling, and communication equipment.
- Applies knowledge of multiple engineering principles and disciplines, including customer understanding as well as in-depth knowledge of assigned product or technology area in guiding and reviewing project direction and outcomes.
- Maintains state-of-the-art familiarity with industry practices, trends, and applications to enhance the organization’ s technical capabilities.
- Conceptualizes, creates, and analyzes designs to ensure technical outcomes are consistent with customer and company requirements.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
Required Skills and Experience:
- The integrated product team (IPT) environment of this project requires excellent teamwork skills, technical writing skills, and oral communication skills.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a lab environment with high voltage and high current components.
- The candidate must have the ability to access and move about a large military vehicle during integration and test activities.
- Experience using lab test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, power analyzers, CAN bus diagnostics tools, data acquisition such as LabVIEW for test and verification, is desired.
- Experience with electrical schematic captures and simulation tools like SPICE is required.
- Familiarity with DC and AC military specification or commercial power standards and testing requirements is also desirable.
- Candidate must have working knowledge of military vehicles including electrical cabling, power generation, distribution, energy storage element, fire control, and turret drives.
- Develop concepts to describe designs at the component, module and sub-system levels with the ability to generate suitable specifications, interface control documents, drawings, and schematics.
- Working knowledge of communication serial data busses such as CAN bus and Ethernet is highly desired.
- Minimum Five (5) years experience with BS or 3 years experience with MS degree.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.