Senior Electrical Test Systems Engineer
Lake Forrest, CA 92630 US
This individual will be responsible for architecting, developing and implementing complex electronic test systems that are used for production test and characterization of semiconductor devices and modules. This role participates in a broad range of tasks including working with the business development team to propose compelling test solutions to customers and leading technical teams to develop and implement the solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- In response to a customer requirement, the candidate will lead a cross-functional team to develop creative, cost-competitive solutions.
- Participate in key areas of the design.
- Interface with Test Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure that the early pilot units meet all requirements and ship on time.
- Ensure that technical reviews occur in accordance with company processes.
- Investigate emerging technologies and develop concepts for future products.
- Support proposal preparation and new business development efforts.
- Develop complex specifications, statements of work, metrics, schedules and budgets.
- Technically manages key suppliers that are critical to project success. This includes assisting in source selection, participating in supplier design reviews, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements, Education & Skills:
- Education: BS (MS preferred) in Electrical/Computer engineering. Knowledge of Software/Firmware and Mechanical engineering as it relates to the development of electronic test systems is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience working as a team member in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of firmware, software, mechanical and electrical engineers.
- 10+ years of experience in analog and digital circuit design, including design to cost targets and design for manufacturability. Design/verification experience on high-speed serial data communication, USB3/4, PCIe, Gen3/4/5, signal integrity analysis and compliance testing.
- Knowledge of instrumentation devices and expertise in using and integrating them into larger test systems.
- Experience with robotics, mechatronics and/or handlers is a plus.
- Prior experience in developing semiconductor production testers (ATEs) or characterization testers or system level testers is a huge plus.
- Experience capturing customer’s technical requirements into technical specifications and statements of work is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This is an on-site role in our Irvine, CA Office.