Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610 US
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer. The ideal candidate can contribute as a software developer for IoT Edge Devices and Cloud Components. This position will require full design responsibility, from requirements through validation. There will be extensive collaboration with experienced team members and expert third party developers. Along with performing design and development duties, this position will also require data gathering and organizing for system analysis. Extensive development of systems in our lab facility as well as testing and troubleshooting on live trial sites in the field will be required. Full ownership of software will be required, including sustaining support and bug fixes. Close work and collaboration with the test team will also be required in order to integrate new software applications into the CI/CD pipeline.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide design leadership and participation on software development teams
- Participation in software sprint development activities including reviews
- Complete ownership of software development tasks
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Root cause analysis of field issues and bugs
- Collaboration with hardware and systems design teams
- Responsible for full integration of developed software applications into the CI/CD pipeline, including automated test scripts
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 7+ years’ experience in software design and development
- Strong proficiency in C/C++, Python, Bash, NodeJS
- Experience with embedded Linux platforms including custom uboot, kernel, rootfs (BSP)
- Firm understanding of networking protocols: TCP/IP, UDP
- Experience with database: SQLite, MySQL
- Experience with app/web interface development (e.g., Using Python Flask or NodeJS)
- Experience using bug tracking and version control tools. (Jira & Bitbucket/Git desirable)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and adapt to project needs
- Ability to push shopping carts with up to 65Kg load
- Ability to push shopping carts for extended periods of time
- Willing to work off-hours or night shifts on occasion.
- Ability to work on equipment in limited access spaces such as above ceiling tiles or under work surfaces.
- May require travel in United States and/or abroad
- BSEE, MSEE, BSCS, or MSCS
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Familiar with Google Cloud Platform (GCP): Cloud Functions, Compute Engine, App Engine, Iot Core/MQTT
- Understanding of HTTP and REST APIs