4462 Corporate Center Dr Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Estimator’ s work closely with the pre-construction group, division managers and project teams to produce accurate cost estimates. Estimates will be created for project procurement, internal budgets, design cost analysis and project scope changes. This position will require good communication skills as part of our business dealing with our clients and internally with our company personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop budget estimates by performing accurate quantity take offs using plans and specifications, or conceptual information.
- Manage other estimators in the effort to produce a complete and competent estimate.
- Review, interpret and accurately estimate the scope of work as described in the project documents.
- Develop RFQ/RFP documents for the solicitation of subcontractor proposal and vendor bids or quotations.
- Develop and nurture subcontractor/vendor and client relationships.
- Evaluate project scope changes and prepare change order estimates.
- Possess a high level of expertise in all phases of electrical and low voltage work.
- Review schedule and constructability issues as they relate to project cost.
- Prepare conceptual estimates from minimal design information.
- Provide value engineering ideas and cost delta.
- Lead page turn exercises during internal kick off meetings.
- Prepare general conditions and terms for proposals.
- Ensure flow of project information is maintained and documented.
- Partner with management team in developing new customers and growing existing customer base.
- Support senior management by providing needed take-offs, bid preparation, quote solicitations, etc.
- Work and collaborate with Team Members throughout the company for specific project sector needs.
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Construction Management with 5+ years of electrical estimating.
- 8+ years' experience in estimating within the electrical industry.
- Experience with Accubid software.
- Experience with Live Count On-Screen Takeoff and Bluebeam are preferred.
- Very good skills in Microsoft Excel / Office.
- Experience with large hospitality, commercial, industrial high rise residential and hospital projects.
- Demonstrates good written and oral communication and team skills.
- Professional Certifications a plus.
- Interested in continuing professional development via the pursuit of ongoing professional development training.