Senior Industrial Engineer
300 East Big Beaver Rd Suite 500 Troy, MI 48083
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and oversees layout of equipment, office and production facilities. Develops work assignments based on a predetermined time standards.
- Conducts studies in operations to maximize work flow and spatial utilization. Ensures facility efficiency and workplace safety.
- Ability to take on and own leadership roles in executing the launch plan.
- Provides mentoring and direction to less experienced team members.
- Perform cycle time and bottleneck analyses.
- Develop and improve work methods.
- Work with functional managers and operation managers to improve productivity, quality, and throughput.
- Support World Class Manufacturing (WCM) especially for WO (Workplace Organization) and LO (Logistic) pillars.
- Support IE Manager in various IE and WCM related assignments and projects.
- Perform manpower planning/leveling/adjustments per Assembly Plants' Volume Adjustments.
- Perform Direct Labor, Indirect Labor, and Ergonomic Studies.
- Interact with production management and union leadership on a daily basis on all matters relating to staffing requirements and IE activities.
- Candidate needs to be self-motivated and goal driven.
- BS Degree (Industrial, Manufacturing, and/or related strongly preferred – will look at work experience as well.
- Automotive Assembly Process Knowledge, with 3-5 years practical experience.
- Including Leadership roles.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes.
- MS Office Suite and Google Sheets.
- Strong Communication and Organization Skills.
- MODPATS Certification Preferred.
- Experience using a predetermined time standard.
- Type: Contract 12 Months + Long Term.