Senior MEP Electrical Design Engineer
15760 Ventura Blvd. Suite 1902 Encino, CA 91436
This progressive, state-of-the-art and very popular company in The Greater Los Angeles area, is seeking an experienced MEP Electrical Design Engineer to help lead the design of cutting edge, buildings.
If you’ re the right person, you’ ll help design electrical systems including electrical power distribution, lighting, day-lighting, renewable energy, communications, security, and fire alarm systems for sustainable higher education, science & technology, healthcare, mission critical, and commercial building projects.
- Design of electrical systems.
- Short circuit calculations.
- Equipment selection.
- Developing system narratives (writing, organizing the document, develop images).
- CAD/BIM design (basic familiarity required only).
- Coordinate electrical system design with architects and other consultants.
- Writing specifications.
- Review own work to ensure accuracy (rather than depend on peer review).
- Help teach and train junior engineers.
- Interact and work with diverse set of clients and subcontractors.
- Manage project workflow and organization.
- Direct design decisions for electrical and low voltage system designs.
- Oversee construction phase of project (answer RFIs, review submittals, etc).
- Conduit site visits during construction.
- 15+ years of experience in MEP consulting.
- PE License.
- Knowledge of Revit (advanced/expert familiarity only).
- Experience with power, lighting, and low voltage (telecom, data, fire alarm, etc) systems.
- Excellent communication skills: articulate, assertive and confident.
- Excellent background in client engagement and management.
- Creative thinker with effective teamwork skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and communicate with team around deliverable schedules.
- LEED AP.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or other similar field.
- Experience with BIM.
- Experience with sustainable design.
- Fair. generous and competitive salary for the right person.
- Excellent full benefits package.
- Vacation time, sick time, PTO, holidays, etc.