Senior MRB Engineer
2734 Hickory Grove Road Davenport, Iowa 52804 | Direct Placement
Senior MRB Engineer
You will lead a team responsible for the review and disposition of nonconforming materials associated with the production of Aerospace systems in Davenport, IA. This individual will be responsible for insuring the integrity of the Material Review process as well as prioritizing work, providing technical insight and oversight, and reporting on the performance of the team. This is a new position and team, therefore the selected individual will be responsible for developing daily team work assignments, training team members as required, developing and implementing a startup plan for the MRB team. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
Chairperson for Material Review Board
Directly supervises salaried personnel including selection, hiring, training, performance evaluations and promotional recommendations
Leads team that performs review and determines appropriate disposition of nonconforming materials
Performs Liaison function between customers to obtain and maintain delegated MRB authority
Applies knowledge of commercial aircraft design principles to assess and resolve product/process issues throughout the product lifecycle
Evaluates deviations for impact on design intent and safety
Develops and implements technical training for MRB team members
Provides direction for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to the engineering activities
Develops and maintains key performance indicators(metrics) for the MRB process
Insures compliance with company policies and procedures, including environmental, safety and health policies and promotes a culture of hazard and waste reduction
Interprets engineering drawings, specifications, and customer requirements to ensure customers’ expectations are met
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Minimum of 7 years of aerospace experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as member of Material Review Board, or performing nonconforming material review and disposition
- Minimum of 3 years experience presenting information to management, peers, and customers
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in cross-functional teams
- Must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- 10+ years aerospace experience
- 5+ years of MRB experience
- Material Review Board chairperson experience.
- Aerospace industry experience including familiarity with regulatory requirements, defense contracts, FAA compliance requirements.
- Familiarity with aerospace manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience leading a cross-functional team
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/298827