Senior Mechanical Engineer I
Nutrien Borger Nitrogen 9021 Farm Road 1551 Borger, TX 79007
Type: Contract to Direct, Direct (Options: based on experience and qualifications)
Primary Work Location: Tulsa, OK
Onsite Reporting Location: Borger, Texas (Min 15 -16 months, following would be back in Tulsa, OK)
Customer: Nutrien Borger Nitrogen
Senior Mechanical Engineer I
We are is seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer (15+ years experience) to join our Energy & Chemicals Business Unit. This full time, direct hire position, will be responsible for engineering, design, coordination, client communications and associated construction administration.
This Engineer will work in a dynamic multi-discipline environment, accountable for the oversight of engineering deliverables, calculations, systems and equipment selection, mechanical design, supervision of the mechanical engineers assigned to the project, project mechanical engineering budget management, project mechanical schedule management, maintain professional relationships with vendors, customers, and other Our client personnel as required by projects. The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will work with other engineering and technical personnel to ensure overall project goals are met.
- Application of Knowledge in Oil, Gas & Chemical facilities/systems (Conceptual Design):
- Ensures understanding and compliance with owner’ s requirements of the facility or corporate standards related to mechanical design.
- Confirms and reviews applicable codes and standards such as, but not limited to, the IBC, ASME, API, PIP and NFPA.
- Given the scope of design services, the owner’ s facility standards, and relevant industry standards, establish and document the mechanical systems basis of design and in doing so provide clarification, qualifications and design assumptions regarding relevant design issues.
- Works with facility owner to ensure that the appropriate cost- effective systems and equipment are utilized in their facility.
- Works with owner and construction management team to validate construction cost and provide value-engineering options as necessary.
- Performs and documents engineering calculations related to mechanical engineering for the purpose of selecting code compliant systems and equipment.
- Performs systems and equipment selections.
- Performs sizing of equipment.
- Provides input to piping group related to mechanical equipment and in doing so establishes the appropriate level of detail to ensure completeness and accuracy of design and construction cost.
- Schedules mechanical equipment data sheet and specification reviews.
- Ensures project specifications are complete and accurate.
- Performs pipe stress analysis utilizing software such as CAESAR II, NozzlePro, etc.
- Works with the project team to design a cohesive, technically acceptable, and optimized piping system.
- Performs pressure vessel calculations utilizing the PVElite software.
- Performs detailed reviews of piping isometrics, piping plans, pipe specifications, P&IDs, and other design documents.
- Construction Support:
- Responsible for problem solving for field oversights.
- Responsible for vendor drawing/Submittal review.
- Performs field inspections and review of reports.
- Responsible for addressing project RFI.
- Project Management (Engineering):
- Supervision of the mechanical staff assigned to the projects.
- Ensuring project staff utilization.
- Overseeing the work performed by the assigned mechanical staff.
- Prepares engineering man-hour estimates for assigned projects.
- Completes project within provided budget and prepares Change Orders when scope is expanded.
- Provides direction for what is to be included in bid package issue.
- Works with Project Engineer/Manager to ensure that project schedule will be met and complete documents provided for each deliverable.
- Professional Development:
- Maintains required licensing CEU.
- Proactively attempts to receive in-house/out-of-house training to maintain and update skills.
- Manages assigned staff on the projects.
- Provides mentoring of assigned staff.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from ABET accredited program required.
- Experience working successfully in a collaborative environment.
- 12+ years industry experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer or ability to obtain your PE within the first year of employment.
- Experience with Design/Build and EPC projects.
- Experience with the design of FCC units preferred.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, scanners, and plotters.