Senior Mechanical Engineer
14508 E Nelson Ave City of Industry, CA 91744
- Product development from concept to production for commercial lighting fixtures.
- Technical requirements definition and documentation.
- Product requirements verification and validation.
- Technical Project planning.
- Leading and collaborating with other engineering team members.
- Creation of a product specification that meets all requirements including cost, reliability, and performance.
- Releasing to manufacturing a validated, complete, and accurate set of manufacturing and assembly specifications/instructions and bills of materials.
- Supporting pilot production of new products.
- A demonstrable track record of design for high and low volume manufacturing methods including: Injection Molding, Die Casting, Metal Stamping, Extrusion (metal and plastic), Wire Forming, Die Cutting, Sheet Metal (brake press bending, turret press and laser cutting), Machining, and Additive manufacturing methods.
- Experience designing electromechanical elements and machinery to meet safety, environmental, performance, and regulatory requirements such as UL1598, UL8750, IEC 60598, IEC 60529 (IP Code), and/or others.
- Familiarity working with NRTLs and compliance engineering to meet product safety and regulatory approval.
- Knowledge of thermal mitigation methods
- Experience designing human interfacing adjustable mechanisms.
- Expert level knowledge of SolidWorks 3D CAD or similar.
- Familiarity with simulation (FEA and CFD).
- Expert level manufacturing drawing creation including use of proper tolerances.
- Familiarity with metric and inch-based standards.
- First article inspection and tooling review and approval experience.
- Familiar with a defined PPAP.
- Experience visiting and auditing component manufacturer and assembly plants worldwide.
- Experience making cost estimates for proposed designs at the component part and assembly level.
- Knowledge of statistical methods for tolerance analysis.
- Hands-on fabrication and prototyping experience.
- Working with quick turn short run prototyping suppliers.
- Industry best practices knowledge for data management.
- Experience working with a revision controlled/management system including Engineering Change Notice/Order workflows.
- Experience defining testing methods and data analysis.
- Methodical problem solving.
- A collaborative approach to engineering and willingness to give and receive technical advice.
- Ability to travel to trade shows, suppliers, and factories nationally and internationally on occasion (less than 10%).