Senior Mechanical Engineer
2734 Hickory Grove Road Davenport, Iowa 52804 | Direct Placement
PEAK is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Participate in integrated product-development teams.
- Design and analyze fuel tank inerting systems and components.
- Design and analyze packaging for electronic products to be used in harsh environmental conditions.
- Work within team to develop predictive component and product performance models.
- Analyze component reliability and generate reliability models.
- Develop test plans to verify models for component and product characteristics.
- Work closely with suppliers on component and product development.
- Interface with customers as part of development-team programs.
- Provide innovative ideas for improvements to existing products.
- Participate in ideation for new products and technologies.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers.
- Design products and product improvements in Pro/E, or by working with Designers using Pro/E.
- Provide technical expertise to support manufacturing, Field Support Engineers, and customers.
- Evaluate suitability of current products for new applications; work with team to develop bids and proposals for new, modified, or upgraded products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or other Engineering Degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Minimum 5 years post graduate engineering experience.
- Experience conducting root-cause/corrective action analyses.
- Experience participating or leading on a product development team.
- In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or related Engineering Degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Fuel tank inerting experience.
- Experience as a Project Engineer
- Aircraft environmental control experience.
- Electronic Package design experience for thermal and reliability analysis.
- Desire to become expert in modeling software.
- Knowledge of Pro-E and Creo.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/298825