Senior Onsite Systems Test Engineer
State Highway 547 N Lakehurst, New Jersey 08733 | Contract to Direct
- Supports onsite testing.
- Responsible for evaluating real time test results and system responses.
- Works in tandem with customer counterpart to determine if system response is adequate and safe to continue testing.
- Reviews system data and responses for abnormalities.
- Participates in failure review and corrective action process.
- Assists in Relex database management.
- Responsible for thorough and consistent documentation of system response in the event of an abnormality.
- Apply fundamental principles of engineering to solve complex problems and support development of new ideas.
- The candidate will be expected to adhere to Quality Policy as governed by ISO9001 procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education. Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties. Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems. Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one engineering area; and, lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks. Able to work extended hours as required. A Professional Engineering License is desirable.
****Expected to work extended hours and some weekends during current surge period, which may last for the next 6 months.
****Experience with high energy, dynamic full-size systems, rather than solely subcomponent level or SW. A mix of mechanical and electrical experience would be helpful. Military service, especially on an aircraft carrier or maintaining aircraft would be a plus.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Experience with highly complex large equipment, similar to AAG.
- Demonstrates an extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective interface with other departments and/or professionals, and capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact, as well as providing leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals.
- Customer focused, formulates plans based on the development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced technical engineering problems.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Able to work extended hours as required.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/297065