Senior Process Engineer
1 W 3rd St #200 Tulsa, OK 74103 | Contract to Direct
Supporting site commissioning planning and execution, writing function test procedures, and providing direction to other process engineers.
- Write function test procedures, and provide direction to other process engineers writing procedures.
- Knowledge of process engineering workflow and the production of Process Engineering deliverables such as: PFDs, P&IDs, LDTs, Mechanical and Instrument Datasheets and Study Reports.
- Oversee maintenance and updating of commissioning system drawings.
- Review of design/engineering documentation and design changes.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with relevant codes, standards and procedures.
- Act as technical focal point for process commissioning on the project.
- Maintain and develop current awareness of relevant engineering technology and codes and standards.
- Liaise with other disciplines, departments, project personnel and contractors.
- Serve as technical specialist in all matters relating to commissioning completion and start-up of all instrumented systems.
- Review contractor prepared specifications, procedures and data sheets.
- Support the implementation of safety in design (SID) in the execution of construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience in oil and gas or chemical process industry.
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of process system design, installation, commissioning, and operation.
- Specific experience with commissioning process engineering, including system drawing and function test procedure preparation; experience with function test procedure execution.
- A detailed knowledge of industry standards, specifications and best practices.
- Proficient in process simulation software.
- Conversant in local and international mechanical standards, codes and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with good communications skills are essential.
- Thorough understanding of the risks and the technical/ commercial issues associated with the development of oil and gas projects and operation of such plants/ facilities.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- P.E. is a must.