Senior Process/Operations Engineer
700 N Centennial St Zeeland, MI 49464
The Senior Operations Engineer reports to Technical Leadership whose focus is performing design and support of moderate to high complexity manufacturing systems and equipment.You may also have project-specific relationship building with Customers, Suppliers, individuals or organizations.
- Provides advanced technical solutions and leads team through process.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Initiates, justifies, and implements new advanced capital equipment purchase.s
- Creates cell layouts and leads process improvement initiatives of high complexity.
- Uses solid Six Sigma and lean tools to improve processes.
- Uses solid concepts of Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA) and implements them into new product introduction.
- Represents the company with our customers.
- Leads updates to management on operations status.
- Participates in and promotes process improvements within assigned areas; assists with the development of department and organization procedures.
- Supports the manufacturing floor for any process related questions.
- Lends lessons learned and leads training efforts for process understanding.
- Creates, maintains and develops new process documentation and updates work order documentation.
- Creates new systems that support this effort.
- Implements complex engineering changes. Leads and acts as a change agent for complex engineering changes.
- Adheres to applicable Quality System requirements and supports process audits
- Leads Process Flow Charts, PFMEA, and Control Plan Reviews
- Mentors Level 1 and 2 Operations Engineers and/or Manufacturing Specialists.
- Solid understanding of design for complex tools and fixturings.
- Solid understanding of all applicable software.
- May participate in multi-site projects.
- Solid knowledge of vendors, manufacturing processes, and procurement methods.
- Trains other members of the team on theory and design of existing/new equipment.
- Manufacturing Engineering Specific Functions
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing processes and/or solid design and implementation of Computer Numeric Controls (CNC) programming.
- Industrial Engineer Specific Functions
- Solid design of process and plant layouts and leads ergonomic studies, time studies and implementation.
- Controls Engineer Specific Functions
- Solid understanding of PLC' s and Automation.
- Supports plant wide controls related issues and corrective actions.
- Solid written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Solid Six Sigma knowledge; Advanced understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Solid Project planning tools.
- Solid troubleshooting and problem solving skills; Solid understanding of Root Cause Analysis.
- Strong computer skills and solid technical writing skills.
- Uses solid concepts of Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA) and implements them into new product development.
- Solid understanding of electrical and/or mechanical machine drawings, including industry specifications.
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Solid understanding of applicable manufacturing processes including Computer Numeric Controls (CNC) programming; Ability to apply advanced knowledge of capabilities studies, Gage R&R, and machine capability; Solid understanding of machinery related to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, etc. in order to specify equipment and procure capital; Solid understanding of product drawings, including GD&T and specification flow down.
- Industrial Engineering
- Solid understanding of applicable manufacturing processes; Ability to apply advanced knowledge of capabilities studies, Gage R&R, and machine capability; Solid understanding of machinery related to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, etc. in order to specify equipment and procure capital; Solid understanding of cell and plant layout drawings, including HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and other Utility needs/layouts
- Controls Engineering
- Solid knowledge on database management software skills; Solid programming knowledge of applicable software (i.e. G Code, CNC, PLC, etc.)
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor' s degree in technical/science or International equivalent required.
- Certificate or degree in a special process preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- Professional certifications preferred (i.e. AWS, SME, CWE, CWI, etc.).