Senior Product Engineer
76 S Getty St Muskegon, MI 49442
The Senior Product Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of components and sub-systems of diesel engines, transmissions, and other mechanical systems primarily for military ground vehicles.
Projects range in scope from advanced research and development of future products to failure analysis and incremental improvements to existing products.
The Senior Product Engineer will be responsible for requirements development, concept design, analysis, detailed design, drawings, hardware procurement, supplier technical support, test planning and execution, and failure analysis.
- A minimum of 5-10 Years with B.S. or 3-7 Years with M.S. recent relevant experience.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university required.
- Demonstrated ability to perform mechanical stress and structural engineering calculations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform thermal fluids and heat transfer calculations.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple project tasks to meet established deadlines.
- Must be capable of obtaining a DOD security clearance.
- Good written and verbal communications.
- Must be willing to travel (domestic and foreign) up to 10%.
- Must be able to move freely within the manufacturing and lab environment with reasonable accommodation.
Preferred Skills or Experience:
- MS degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering.
- Engine and engine sub-system design and development experience.
- Experience designing and developing mechanical and/or hydro-mechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of GD&T.
- Creo / Pro-E experience.
- Transmission and transmission sub-system design and development experience.
- Experience designing and developing components for a military or aerospace contractor.