Senior Quality Control Inspector
2731 Loker Ave West Carlsbad, CA 92010
We are currently looking for a Senior Quality Control Inspector to join the team!
- Measure products and generate inspection records. Verify information for accuracy. Ensure that the documentation meets company’ s Good Documentation Practices
- Sample and inspect raw materials, sub-assemblies, and final products to approved specifications for conformance to specifications. Inspection processes are identified as receiving, in-process, and final inspections.
- Conduct First article inspections
- Program and utilize Vision Systems (OGP SmartScope, RAM optical, or similar), CMMs to perform measurements and validations
- Assist QEs independently in all validations
- Advises others on methods for resolving measurement problems using their experience at programming, GD&T and inspection
- Assist with audit preparations and new product launches
- Assist in providing leadership and training to the QC department requirements as well as assuring compliance to the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Assist in the maintenance of the Quality Management System related to quality processes.
- Assist in managing activities regarding non-conforming materials (NCMRs); such as generating, routing, filing hard/soft copies, and recording into the NCMR log.
- Maintain knowledgeable of current ISO standards
- Assist in reporting quality performance
- Participate in reviewing and improving the quality system.
- Oversee and assure the appearance of the QC lab through 5S methods
- Assist in the planning, directing and controlling operations of the QA Dept. to assure very high quality of goods.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Quality Control inspection required
- 5+ years of Metrology experience is strongly desired
- 2+ years of Calibration experience is preferred.
- Experience/knowledge of Vision Systems (OGP SmartScope, RAM optical, or similar), CMMs, and associated programming.
- Experienced in developing fixtures associated with automated inspection
- Ability to read blue prints; GD&T is required
- Professional knowledge of standard inspection and test equipment (e.g., calipers, micrometers, pin gages, CMM)
- Professional knowledge of statistical sampling plans (e.g., C=0, ANSI Z1.4)
- Injection molding or medical device experience is preferred
- Good understanding of all Microsoft Applications
- Technical interface software such as SolidWorks is desirable.
- ASQ certifications and Lean manufacturing certifications is a plus