Senior Software Engineer
19756 Prairie St Chatsworth, CA 91311 | Direct Placement
PEAK’ s client specializes in the design and manufacturing of rugged computer systems optimized for harsh environments. They have been busy with this recent Space Race, and need your help!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop BSP software for VME and compact PCI computer products, and test and integrate.
- Develop device driver software for hardware peripherals, and test and integrate.
- Participate in all software development phases from requirements, design, coding and implementation, testing, and qualification.
- Generate software documents (SRS, SDD, STD, manuals, etc.).
- Support customers for software application hosting and operating system.
- Prepare and conduct design review presentations for both internal and external customer audiences.
- Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and qualification of hardware and software.
- Software development experience in device drivers such as PCI, I2C, MIL-STD-1553, UART, CAN, Ethernet, Analog IO, GPIO, SPI etc.
- BSP development experience for PowerPC architecture processors.
- Strong knowledge of VxWorks, Linux is plus.
- Strong knowledge of DO178B software development standard.
- Strong written skills for software document generation.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
- Proactive in seeking solutions and guidance.
Highly Preferred Experience:
- 15+ years of experience in embedded (avionics) systems.
- Experience in DO178B.
- Experience in AS9100C/ AS9115 is plus.
- Software lead experience.