Senior Software Engineer
Lake Forrest, CA 92630 US
Our company in Irvine, CA has an immediate need for a talented Senior Software Engineer. This is a unique opportunity for an engineer with a diverse skill set to work in an environment that challenges and rewards. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in C# with experience in electronics, motion control, and/or semiconductor testing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and support C# software for semiconductor test equipment including user interface (WPF and WinForms), motion control, and system processing logic.
- Provide technical direction and delegate tasks to engineering staff.
- Apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development life cycle.
- Contribute to end-user documentation in support of application of products.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel.
- Assist technicians and field-support in trouble shooting end-user problem reports.
- Occasional travel is required, including international destinations.
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements, Education & Skills:
- Requires a B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related discipline or its equivalent. Dual degree a plus (EE, ME).
- Should have at least 8+ years software development experience in a professional environment.
- 5+ years with .NET programming using C# on an on-going basis.
- Experience with formal software processes, including unit testing, requirements analysis, and so on.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Prefer history of lead engineer role, including delegation of tasks to more junior engineers.
- The following skills are used within this position and so are considered pluses:
- Strong background with and knowledge of multi-threaded design
- Experience using .Net / Task Parallel Library (TPL) for threading
- Working knowledge of automation systems, robotics, and motion control
- Experience interfacing with electronic test & measurement equipment and systems
- User interface implementation using MVVM model and WPF
- Database (SQL) experience designing schemas and implementing queries
- Familiarity with network communication interfaces including TCP/IP and UDP
- Other communication interfaces (Modbus, CANbus, USB, serial interfaces)
- You must be able and willing to work on-site in our Irvine, CA location on a daily basis.