Senior System Test Engineer
18 Tremont St Boston, MA 02108
- This is a temporary-to-hire position lasting from six months to one year.
- Will be responsible for the technical planning, coordination and conduct of test activities at the system level across projects.
- The incumbent works with multiple internal engineering teams to develop system requirements analysis, system configuration data and automated test activities to ensure required system performance and reliability standards are designed in and verified.
- Essential function – drives design, development and test activities from the system requirements view.
- Additional duties – Implements tools suitable for increasing the efficiency of system testing, developing and tracking system test metrics.
- This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
- Incumbent will discretionary decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with engineering leads to develop system requirements.
- Works closely with management to develop and coordinate system test concepts and objectives.
- Manages one or more System Test personnel and drives their day-to-day activities.
- Works closely with software developers to create software test work products including test plans, test cases, test procedures, and test reports.
- Identifies test resources and need dates.
- Prepares software test status reports and presents status to management and customers.
- Performs procedure validations, software builds, and test administration.
- Traces system requirements from customer specifications to test cases.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the System Test Environment (STE).
- Conducts integration and formal system tests.
- Maintains the test requirements database.
- Prepares presentation material and leads Test Readiness Reviews.
- Provides technical guidance and training to junior test personnel.
- Develops and manages test budgets and schedules.
- Keeps abreast of improvements in system test engineering techniques.
- Interfaces with customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Interfaces with hardware, software, and systems engineers to evaluate test alternatives.
- Interfaces with the QA organization to perform any corrective actions resulting from reviews and audits.
- Performs other system test engineering duties as required to meet contractual requirements.
- Writes device/system procedures and conduct tests in Test Rail.
- Actively drives the management and resolution of system JIRA and Issues.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Requires a four-year college degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related technical discipline plus a minimum of five years of experience; or requires a Master of Science degree plus three years of experience.
- Requires knowledge of system test engineering and knowledge of software compilers, architecture, embedded processing, and operating systems.
- Necessary computer skills include: Experience with JAVA, C/C++, C#, Visual Basic, PERL, SQL Queries, and JIRA as well as proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Visio and other MS Office Applications.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to use typical PC software such as word processors, databases, flowcharts, project schedulers, and spreadsheets.
- Must have the ability to analyze and test complex engineering software and be able to prioritize and conduct multiple tasks under deadline and budget constraints.
- Use of standard hand tools, and special and general-purpose test equipment.
- Travel, both domestic and foreign is necessary in performing on-site testing.
- Knowledge and experience using tools like Selenium, SoapUI and other Test Automation tools desired.
- Ability to prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under deadline and budget guidelines.
- Demonstrates people-oriented management expertise and practices.
- Must have strong presentation and organizational skills.
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% domestically.