Senior System Test Engineer
18 Tremont St Boston, MA 02108
The Senior System Test Engineer will be responsible for the technical planning, coordination and conduct of Back Office test activities at the system level across projects. The incumbent will work with multiple internal engineering teams to develop system requirements analysis, system configuration data and automated test activities to ensure required system performance and reliability standards are designed in and verified. The essential function is to drive design, development and test activities from the system requirements view. Additional duties include the implementation of tools suitable for increasing the efficiency of system testing, developing and tracking system test metrics. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will exercise discretionary decision-making authority.
- Please Note: This is a Temp to hire position (6 months -1 year)
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works directly with Boston customers in Boston office.
- Works closely with test management to develop and coordinate system test concepts and objectives.
- Works closely with software developers to create software test work products including test plans, test cases, test procedures, and test reports.
- Prepares software test status reports.
- Performs procedure validations, software builds, and test administration.
- Traces system requirements from customer specifications to test cases.
- Knowledge and Experience testing Application Programming Interface (API)
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the System Test Environment (STE).
- Conducts integration and formal system tests.
- Maintains the test requirements database.
- Prepares presentation material and leads Test Readiness Reviews.
- Keeps abreast of improvements in system test engineering techniques.
- Interfaces with hardware, software, and systems engineers to evaluate test alternatives.
- Interfaces with the QA organization to perform any corrective actions resulting from reviews and audits.
- Performs other system test engineering duties as required to meet contractual requirements.
- Writes device/system procedures and conduct tests.
- Actively drives the management and resolution of system JIRA and Issues.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Four year college degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or other related technical discipline plus a minimum of two years of experience, or a Master’ s of Science degree. Requires knowledge of system test engineering and knowledge of software compilers, architecture, embedded processing, and operating systems. Necessary computer skills include: Experience with JAVA, TCP/IP, UNIX, SQL Queries, and JIRA as well as proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Visio and other MS Office Applications. Effective written and oral communication skills are required. Ability to use typical PC software such as word processors, databases, flowcharts, project schedulers, and spreadsheets. Must have the ability to analyze and test complex engineering software, and be able to prioritize and conduct multiple tasks under deadline and budget constraints. Use of standard hand tools, and special and general purpose test equipment. Knowledge and experience using tools like Selenium, SoapUI, Postman and other Test Automation tools desired. Able to prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under deadline and budget guidelines. Demonstrate people-oriented management expertise and practices. Must have strong presentation and organizational skills. Travel, both domestic and foreign is necessary in performing on-site testing.