Senior Systems Test Engineer
9333 Balboa Avenue San Diego, California 92123 | Direct Placement
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/260947
Job Summary: Responsible for the technical planning, coordination and conduct of test activities at the system level across projects. The incumbent will work with multiple internal engineering teams to develop system requirements analysis, system configuration data and automated test activities to ensure required system performance and reliability standards are designed in and verified. The essential function is to drive design, development and test activities from the system requirements view. Additional duties include the implementation of tools suitable for increasing the efficiency of system testing, developing and tracking system test metrics. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will exercise discretionary decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with engineering leads to develop system requirements.
- Works closely with management to develop and coordinate system test concepts and objectives.
- Manages one or more System Test Personnel and drives their day-to-day activities.
- Works closely with software developers to create software test work products including test plans, test cases, test procedures, and test reports.
- Prepares software test status reports and presents status to management and customers.
- Performs procedure validations, software builds, and test administration.
- Traces system requirements from customer specifications to test cases.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of Test Environments.
- Conducts functional, integration and UAT tests.
- Prepares presentation material and leads Test Readiness Reviews.
- Provides technical guidance and training to junior test personnel.
- Develops and manages test budgets and schedules.
- Keeps abreast of improvements in system test engineering techniques.
- Interfaces with customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Interfaces with the QA organization to perform any corrective actions resulting from reviews and audits.
- Writes device/system procedures and conduct tests.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Four year college degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or other related technical discipline plus a minimum of five years of experience, or a Master’ s of Science degree plus three years of experience.
- Experience with testing Transportation industry related backoffice / server applications.
- Perform internal functional testing and lead the UAT with customers.
- Experience with HTTP, SOAP, RESTful Web Services testing.
- Experience with XML, Databases, SQL and website testing is required.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is required.
- Familiar with unit testing, continuous integration, and test-driven development.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are required.
- Must have the ability to analyze and test complex engineering software, and be able to prioritize and conduct multiple tasks under deadline and budget constraints.
- Travel, both domestic and foreign is required in performing on-site testing as required.