Senior Technology Designer
427 13th Street Oakland, CA 94612
- Are you a motivated and creative Technology Designer?
- Do you bring 6 years of technology systems design experience?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Our client' s Alameda County office is seeking a Senior Technology Designer to lead the design of cutting edge, deep green buildings.
If you’ re the right person, you’ ll lead the design of technology systems including telephone/data, audio/visual, security, access control, clock/PA, nurse call, and CATV for sustainable higher education, science & technology, healthcare, mission-critical, and commercial building projects.
- Attend project progress meetings, provide updates for Project Manager and/or PIC (including field reviews to monitor project construction status).
- Coordinate technology requirements with other disciplines involved in the project design team (i.e. Owners, Architects, Structural Consultants, Code Consultants, Geotechnical Consultants, etc.).
- Coordinate or confirm service requirements/connections with the respective utility and/or municipal agencies.
- Collaboration in multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners.
- Plan project resources, maintaining schedules and budget.
- Active listening skills and the ability to resolve conflict within teams and client.
- Prepare or confirm all equipment selections.
- Develop master and project specifications for discipline.
- Survey and evaluate existing conditions.
- Mentoring and sharing work experience knowledge for the benefit of other employees and the office.
- Other tasks as needed to ensure timely and thorough support to our clients.
- 6+ years of experience in MEP design.
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD.
- Ability to read Technology, Architectural, Structural, Electrical drawings.
- Practical knowledge of building, electrical, fire codes and standards.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Time management skills.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate' s degree in Architectural Engineering, Associate in Electrical Engineering or RCDD equivalent degree is an asset but will consider those without degrees.
- LEED AP.
- PE, EIT, or RCDD designations are highly preferred.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience with BIM/Revit.
- Experience with sustainable design.
- Working knowledge of Navis Works and SKM software.