Senior Test Technician
Two Pearl Buck Court Suite 470 Bristol, PA 19007
Position requires the applicant to be involved with various aspects of high reliability testing including testing of magnetic components, operation of vibration test system, construction of required test circuits, obtaining and analyzing test data, generating test reports. The candidate will also assist engineering with validation testing as well as reporting results and recommendations.
EDUCATION: A minimum of two-year technical degree in electrical engineering as well as several years of field experience in related field is required. Operational knowledge of vibration test system is highly desirable.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in testing processes, experience using test equipment such as a network, analyzers, LCZ bridges, multimeter, and oscilloscope. Experience in using vibration test system is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE: Basic understanding of analog circuits, test procedures and test processes. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications. The use of vibration test system preferably manufactured by Unholtz-Dickie Corp. is highly desirable.
SKILLS: Use of analog test equipment such as network analyzers and oscilloscopes, soldering and construction of test circuits, computer programs such as Microsoft Excel and strong technical writing and verbal communication.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
INTERNAL: Internal relationships to include frequent interaction with lab personnel, quality and engineering.
EXTERNAL: External relationships may include infrequent contact with auditors and customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must occasionally crouch, stoop, or reach. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to set-up and test magnetic components such as transformers and inductors. This includes test set-up for burn-in and life testing.
- Operation of vibration test system.
- Solid computer skills especially in the use of Microsoft Excel to input, analyze and present test data in generated test report.
- Strong data analysis ability to review and verify correctness of the data
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational skills with an ability to multitask and drive projects through to completion
- Soldering skills is desirable to construct test circuits.