Livonia, MI 48150 US
Our client is a well-established global machine tool supplier providing design, build, and service of specialized inspection and assembly equipment. Headquartered in Livonia, Michigan with divisions located in Mexico and Canada, the company has achieved success using cutting-edge technology, international presence, and a primary focus on Customer support.
Title: Service Technician
Location: Livonia, MI
# of Positions: 1
Citizenship: US / Green Card / Permanent Resident
Work Schedule: Standard work schedule, possible flex options depending on the responsibilities, roles and work demand.
Our client is seeking a Service Technician that will perform all the activities necessary to install, service and maintain their equipment within their Customer’s Facilities. This Technician will interface with our client's customers and ensure that their product offerings are installed and serviced to their internal and customers' requirements.
Scope of Work:
- Review BOM’s, mechanical drawings, and assemble manual and automatic assembly and inspection systems.
- Identify and troubleshot mechanical, electrical, and controls issues with equipment.
- Test and debug equipment.
- Perform studies on measuring equipment and analyze results.
- Perform equipment runoff activities.
- Support installation activities at Customer facilities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Service Manager.
- Travel up to 70%, including international.
- Hands on experience in assembly, setup, test, and debug of equipment.
- Blueprint reading skill preferred.
- Experience with PLC machine controls.
- GD&T understanding and experience preferred.
- Skills in Math (algebra), English writing, and communication preferred.
- Experience in gaging, automation, and assembly systems
- Hand gages and layout experience preferred.
- Two-year Associate's degree (mechanical base technologies) preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office preferred.