14020 Stowe Dr Poway, CA 92064
Under moderate supervision performs aftermarket mechanical and electrical repair, maintenance and support of underwater remote operated vehicles (ROVs) by way of testing and troubleshooting to determine root cause failure of the product. This position may also interface directly with the customer to help resolve issues and to coordinate returns. This individual is responsible for ensuring the proper work flow, testing and repair of customer returned materials in-house. Required to maintain and report customer estimates and actual labor/part usage accurately and ensure proper ESD procedures are adhered to.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain customer relationships and prepare estimates for repair/upgrades to customer returns.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair underwater vehicles, including troubleshooting to the component level for PCB' s.
- Test repaired products and circuitry, including functional, operational, environmental testing in internal water tanks, local lakes or ocean environments.
- Write technical reports to describe and illustrate systems operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications and functional limitations.
- Analyze and interpret test data for board and system level repair.
- Adjust, calibrate, align and modify circuitry/components as well as record effect(s) on unit performance.
- Enters data and provides written reports, protocols and engineering documentation for testing of component parts and integrated systems.
- Perform engineering measurements and data analysis for implementation of corrective measures.
- Reads and follows work release information, bills of material (BOM), engineering change orders (ECO), production drawings (released, out of production and obsolete), blueprints, sample assemblies, and informal and mechanical assembly drawings.
- Data entry and report writing, including reports for customer review.
- Performs technical telephone and email support to customers, resellers and others.
- Working knowledge of electronic, electrical, electro-mechanical and mechanical systems required.
- Minimum 3 years directly related experience with at least 1 years troubleshooting printed circuit boards and electromechanical devices.
- Experience testing electronic assemblies using both traditional and non-traditional tooling such as multi-meter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, power supply, function generator, LCD meter, etc.
- Able to read and interpret schematics, diagrams and mechanical drawings.
- Proficient with computers and programs including ERP database, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.