Sheet Metal Operator - 1st Shift
1572 Tilco Drive Frederick, MD 21704
1st Shift – 1 position (6: 00AM – 2: 00PM)
SUMMARY: Pull raw sheets of material to and from the punches. Deburr and identify a punched part from a raw material. Assist with the disposal of scrap materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be able to move full sheets of raw material to and from the punch.
- Must be able to follow verbal instructions.
- Must be able to use hand tools.
- Must be able to trim, file, deburr, buff and smooth surfaces.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and other equipment used to move or place equipment as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Must have experience in factory setting.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must complete and pass required forklift safety training (within 60 days of employment).
- Ability to follow written instructions.
- Ability to speak effectively with employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers & common fractions.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
**This position' s hours run from 2: 30PM-11: 00PM, Monday through Friday.**