2175 Union Place Simi Valley, CA 93065
PEAK' s client specializes in Manufacturing Mechanical parts for the Aerospace/ Defense Marketplace, including high performance spherical and cylindrical bearings, mechanical seals, gears and electrical components to commercial air transport markets. These products are engineered to meet stringent requirements and are specified in engine systems, flight control systems, landing gear systems and airframe structures. The global customer base includes major engine and airframe OEMs, tier suppliers and aircraft operators.
Warehouse and Shipping Clerk to perform packaging and shipping duties as necessary, maintaining good relationships with shipping companies and co-workers.
Typically, has at least 1 year of experience in position or specialization. Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills appropriate for the position or specialization. Duties and tasks are standardized. Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Receive all incoming parts and supplies
• Package parts for shipping
• Scan and process shipments through the ERP system
• Build up, breakdown, and assemble pallet shipments
• Print out and attach labels
• Verifies the accuracy on outgoing shipments and orders
• Prepare shipments with customs paperwork and any other documentation that maybe required as necessary
• Experience using UPS, FedEx, and other Shipping Company computer portals
• May utilize hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, or other handling equipment to move material to and from within the facility.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE, CAPABILITIES AND SUCCESS FACTORS
• Experience working in the warehouse (shipping, receiving) and with Inventory Systems
• Detail oriented, quick learner, extremely dedicated, and punctual
• Ambitious, organized, proactive individual that can manage their scheduled tasks
• Comfortable with technology, open to learning, coachable capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment
• Self-Motivated with a positive “ can do” attitude
• Customer Centric
• Experience dealing with International paperwork and shipments
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (preferred)
• Ability to work under pressure with a sense of urgency
• Team Player
• Have good communication skills and able to follow written and verbal instructions
• Have a good understanding shipping procedures
• Must be ITAR compliant (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Card Holder)