Shop Foreman / Supervisor
1500 Glenn Curtiss St Carson, CA 90746
- Experienced in Shop supervision of preferably small groups.
- Hands-on, practical, sociable, principled.
- Needs to be able and willing to deal with situations that have little information and require solutions developed with an Assembly team.
- Should have sufficient experience in product assembly / troubleshooting of functional components (mechanical & electrical basics), craftsman level preferred.
- Focus on decision making.
- The Shop Foreman / Supervisor will oversee overall manufacturing / repair / stockroom operations, to ensure employee safety, product quality, order requirements, manpower allocation, schedules and operational.
- This position is responsible for the Shop personnel and its performance, and will maintain professional work relationship with all departments.
- Is also responsible to ensure compliance of ISO 9001 related to all Shop activity and transactions.
- Supports implementation of corrective action plans and determination of opportunities to decrease overall inventory.
- Develops and realizes technical solutions to product quality and/or qualification issues.
- Leverages resources and motivates personnel to create and maintain a proactive performance culture.
- Additional tasks may be assigned as determined by the GM.
- Manages manufacturing schedules of all train product lines. Organizes Manufacturing Orders in line with current and future requirements.
- Maintains visibility of all products to ensure on-time delivery, product quality, customer requirements, and cost targets.
- Supervises all direct reports to ensure completion of order and timeline requirements, while providing fair & professional leadership in attaining organization goals.
- Monitors & ensures compliance with ISO9001 and company policies for Shop related processes, including improvement initiatives and proper transactioning.
- Coordinates with Facility and Maintenance to establish overall maintenance schedules on all machinery and calibration for all shop tooling to minimize machine downtime.
- Employs material control activities to ensure inventory accuracy is maintained.
- Maximizes manpower utilization and definition of work schedules accordingly.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to individuals on products, technical issues, testing / trouble shooting, quality, productivity, and personal development
- Assesses performance indicators, and takes appropriate actions to ensure goals are met
- Assures that Environment, Health, and Safety issues are addressed considering local regulations, company policies, and good corporate citizenship
- Evaluates operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
- Specifies job assignments for direct reports, and monitors performance to achieve product delivery and cost requirements
- Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
- Advanced understanding of operational concepts surrounding production planning, purchasing, quality and inventory control
- Extensive knowledge & experience in manufacturing processes, product assembly, testing, trouble-shooting, including all activity oriented toward completion of finished and compliant product
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and take initiative with hands-on mentality
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional teams with high multitasking requirement
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to plan and to set priorities, and professionally manage relationships with in-house personnel
- Is a team player and is able to encourage team values to personnel in fair and equal fashion
- Advanced skills utilizing office computer software such as MS Word, Excel
- Minimum of five plus years’ experience within a manufacturing environment required.
- Direct production assembly / testing / qualification of minimum of five years is required.
- Employee Management basic experience is a plus.