50 N Linden St. Duquesne, Pennsylvania 15110 | Direct Placement
A manufacturer of heat recovery equipment for high temperature applications in the steel, aluminum, glass, and petroleum industries is looking for a Shop Supervisor.
- Oversee shop fabrication including production processes, scheduling and planning.
- Observe work and monitor operations to ensure that employees conform to production standards.
- Ensure department is safe, well organized, efficient and clean.
- Managerial responsibility to include hiring, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Ability to track employee performance against company objectives.
- Interpret blueprints, job orders and company policies and procedures for employees.
- Minimum of a High School degree is required.
- 8+ years’ industrial manufacturing experience is required with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Prior experience in welding and fabrication with ASME codes is required.
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings and layouts required.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and a commitment to improving safety, quality and productivity.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with others, encourage teamwork and cooperation.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work 1st shift 5: 00am- 3: 30pm, Mon - Thurs.