Site Acquisition Specialist
540 W. Madison Street 16th Floor Chicago, IL 60661
The Site Acquisition Specialist will work directly with large wireless service providers, either adding to or upgrading their wireless networks. You will be assigned a specific number of wireless communication sites and will handle all aspects of the site acquisition process, including researching and obtaining site candidates, obtaining use and building permits, approval of the site plan, and drafting and negotiating leases. You will also work as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support regional/market assignments of all aspects of Site Acquisition deliverables
- Perform soft audits covering lease/amendments review, Z&P Analysis and file audit.
- Work with landlords to obtain an outcome that is in the client’ s best interest from a financial and legal standpoint, including preparing and submitting notice and obtaining consent.
- Coordination of any fees required for zoning and permitting fees, etc.
- Coordination of site visits (if required)
- Supports other groups in obtaining, reviewing/approving deliverables from vendors as needed
- Negotiate and coordinate execution of Agreements, Leases, access and utility easements, and amendments as necessary
- Support client in obtaining Zoning and Permitting approvals as necessary
- Supports leasing with managing any required outside vendor for requirements as needed
- Obtain final Notice To Proceed from site or tower owner (if required), and complete any NTP requirements
- Maintains milestone completion forecasts and Tasks in database
- Uploads documents per client specifications and manages document control as required
- Resolves leasing, zoning, and permitting issues as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong motivation
- Minimum 1 year of industry experience
- Technical Understanding/Ability
- Contract and Lease Interpretation and Negotiation Experience
- Ability to Analyze Basic Legal Documents
- Strong Interpersonal and Verbal Communication Skills
- Public Speaking Ability
- High Level of Organization and Scheduling Abilities
- Microsoft Excel Proficiency
- Desire to Succeed and Learn New Skills
- Experience in new-site builds highly preferred
- Bachelor’ s Degree required (unless you have 3 years of industry experience)
- Real Estate License desired
- Land Use Planning, Business Administration and Paralegal degrees desired.
- MBA’ s and JD’ s preferred.