Software Developer II
13970 Stowe Drive Poway, California 92064 | Contract
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and Develop autopilot software for unmanned air vehicles from the requirements phase through field test.
- Focus is on real-time aircraft system/flight control using the C language.
- May occasionally be required to support flight/ground testing of software at the flight test facilities. Analyze flight data to investigate system behavior and anomalies. Perform peer review of other developer’s code and perform testing with UAV mockup in the Systems Integration Lab.
- Programming in both Linux and Windows environments.
- " C" programming capability and verbal/written communication.
- Ability to work under general supervision and interface effectively with other engineers of various disciplines, including flight controls design engineers.
- Interpret, debug and modify complex legacy software following GA process and coding standards.
- Developing software in a CMMI or DO-178 structured environment.
- Additional Qualifications
- Strong Knowledge and background with closed loop controls and how they work
- Good knowledge of transfer functions
- MATLAB experience a plus
- Very strong problem solving and attention to detail
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in computer science, information systems or related discipline and two or more years progressive software development experience with a bachelors degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education. Must have a general understanding of software development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate the ability to follow and apply the use of programming and analysis concepts. Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables. Good communication, computer and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other professionals, to produce appropriate documentation, and to present results to a internal audience. The ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential. Must be able to work extended hours as required.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/296202