San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 US
About the Position
Our client located in the Central California Coast, is seeking a software engineer to join our engineering group and help further develop our Ground Control Station (GCS) software. We are looking for a candidate who can collaborate well with a small team to develop unmanned aircraft products for military and commercial applications. The work is hands-on, fast-paced, fun, and rewarding.
Responsibilities: This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
- Develop, test, and maintain Ground Control Station (GCS) software
- Analyze and resolve technical, user interface, and application problems
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates, and work plans
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Guide development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Host daily scrum meetings
- Package and support deployment of releases
- Collaborate with other software developers, aero-mechanical engineers, and QA technicians
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products
- US Citizenship
- Proficient in:
- C and C++
- Windows network programming
- Windows GUI creation
- Good team communication skills
- Systematic problem-solving approach
- Sense of ownership and drive
- Willingness to think like a user
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to generate detailed reports
- Covid-19 Vaccination status of Fully Vaccinated
- The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- If an offer of employment is extended, a background check is required, and the offer of employment is contingent on the results.
- This is a salaried position requiring 40 hours a week during normal business hours. Additional hours may be required to support development or production goals.
- Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a condition of employment at our clients. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by our client will be required prior to starting employment with the company.
Conditions will vary. Most work performed in enclosed buildings. Must be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods of the time, walking, lifting, and reaching. Must be capable of lifting 20 lbs., 20+lbs. assisted by other employees as needed.
Standard business hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with a one-hour lunch period.
A Note on Our Response to COVID-19:
Our workplace requires that all employees be fully vaccinated. Persons with documented medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
Our client is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees. While we continue to meet our commitments delivering the highest quality product to our customers, the health, safety, and wellbeing of our employees and their families remains our top priority. As the situation evolves, so does our plan. Not only are we following all CDC, state, and local guidelines, but we’re taking extra precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We remain vigilant and will continue to be proactive in keeping our community safe.
What we Offer:
Our client care about all team members. We offer a positive culture with opportunities for career growth, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision insurances, paid vacation time, paid holidays, additional paid sick time, and a 401(k)-retirement plan with up to 4% company matching contribution.