Software Engineer in Test II
27524 VÃa Industria Temecula, CA 92590
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’ s degree in an IT or computer or technical related field or equivalent experience required. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 4 years software test automation experience, including object-oriented development, working with relationship databases, and writing SQL queries or stored procedures.
- Experience with web development programming.
- Experience with relational database design, writing queries and stored procedures with MySQL or Microsoft SQL.
- Exceeds expectations of a Software Engineer I with demonstrated proficiency in coding.
- Experience with Object-oriented Analysis and Development within large enterprise level applications.
- Experience with development and consumption of web services preferred.
- Experience with XSLT, XML, JSON.
- HTTP, C#, SQL experience.
- Experience with software design patterns.
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver or working with Web Services and APIs.
- Experience with mentoring other automation engineers.
- Problem solving, analytical, logic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Completing tasks in a fast-paced development cycle.
- Familiarity with software development life cycles such as Agile or SCRUM.
- Ability to design and architect complex enterprise level systems.
- Expertise with software design patterns.
- Expertise with SOLID design principles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Career Ladder: (Possible advancement to other positions) Sr. Software Engineer in Test
Mobility: Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting.
STATEMENT OF OVERALL PURPOSE OR JOB OBJECTIVE
Assist in designing software test automation tools. Develop and maintaining software test tools using latest Microsoft technologies. Also designs, develops, publishes, and implements test plans for user end applications, writes and maintains test cases, publishes test results, and defines and tracks quality assurance metrics.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities – Essential Functions
- Design, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software applications and test tools.
- Expands knowledge of Company operations particularly as related to assigned projects.
- Performs routine automation assignments with minimum Manager’ s supervision.
- Develops an understanding of assigned application and internal customer area, standards and techniques, and general business knowledge.
- Demonstrates understanding of departmental procedures, programming standards, and all pertinent training materials.
- Design and develop White-box testing of applications.
- Accountable for providing accurate time estimates of assigned tasks and projects.
- Recommends possible improvements in applications.
- Performs code reviews.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Properly refactor legacy components as needed.
- Communicate directly with product owner and end users.
- Participates in the training or development of others, as directed.
- Maintains familiarity with and uses department methodology as appropriate.
- Analyzes alternatives, providing a cost/benefit comparison.
- Monitors and ensures automated processes run as expected. Responsible for remediation.
- 5% Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.