Mayfield Village, OH 44143 US
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We have an immediate opening for a Software Engineering Manager. This Manager will manage personnel responsible for the development of new MRI technologies for MRI scanners. A key role for this position will be leading small teams to develop reconstruction software to support clinical MR methods. The qualified candidate is expected to provide technical leadership regarding software design and development best practices.
• Oversee deliverables from MR software team including source code, documentation, and reports
• Recruit, hire, train, and grow the careers of software team members
• Lead multi-disciplinary teams to translate customer needs into feature requirements, design, and test specification documents
• Work closely with management team members to ensure resources, schedules, and deliverables are coordinated with the development roadmap
• Lead design and development work to improve MR product reconstruction framework to accelerate product deployment, simplify maintenance, and improve testability of reconstruction algorithms
• Keep informed of technical trends in the software development field in order to contribute to future design discussions and software architecture and reconstruction hardware improvements
• B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in software engineering, computer science, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent, and 5+ years of experience in developing software applications for industry, preferably in medical imaging.
• 3+ years of technical leadership of multi-person projects including leading design, implementation, and testing
• Project management experience including requirements definition, task planning, scheduling, resource allocation, and delivery
• Demonstrated experience with complex software systems, especially in medical device industry
• Strong C++ and MATLAB/Python programming skills with knowledge of object-oriented principles
• Strong understanding of software development principles and tools, covering full software development life cycle – requirements, design, testing, integration
• Demonstrated ability in continued development of existing software, including knowledge of design and code refactoring
• Management of software developer direct reports
• Working with multinational, non-collocated development teams
• Proven ability to be a self-motivated, proactive, productive, and flexible team member
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Work Location Options
• The preference is for a qualified candidate who will work in a hybrid work model based in the Mayfield Village, Ohio area, an eastern suburb of Cleveland. We will also consider candidates who would prefer to work remotely from either our home office in Vernon Hills (Chicago), Illinois or from their current location. The remote alternative would require travel every month to the MRI offices in Mayfield Village to work with the software development team in-person.
• Ability to complete domestic and international travel (up to 10% of time