Software Platform Engineer
16530 Via Esprillo San Diego, California 92127 | Contract
- Design and develop operating system platform configurations for software products, focusing on Red Hat Linux.
- Establish configurations for database, network and high availability services in a Red Hat Linux environment.
- Create Linux configuration control documentation, including storage configuration.
- Work closely with application developers to establish robust software products.
- Develop custom script-based programs for real-time re-configuration.
- Configure off-the-shelf hardware and platform support software.
- Support customization for test configurations and lab deployment.
- Work within documented development process and procedures using standardized software development support tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Qualifications Essential Qualifications
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in computer science, information system or related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; nine or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, seven or more years of experience with a masters degree, or four or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education. Must have an extensive expertise of software development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate extensive technical expertise and application of programming and analysis concepts. Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment. Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective interface with other departments and/or professionals, and capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact, as well as providing leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals. Customer focused, formulates plans based on the development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced software development problems. Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Able to work extended hours as required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in computer science, information systems or related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; nine or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, seven or more years of experience with a masters degree, or four or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrated expertise in configuration and deployment of Red Hat ------- Linux systems is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in security hardening of Linux deployments is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in development of deployment scripts is required.
- Must have a thorough understanding of software development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate a thorough understanding and application of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Experience with software development for multiple operating system environments including real-time systems.
- Expert in Bourne / bash shell script coding; strong in working with sed, awk, and Perl.
- Demonstrated expertise in C coding; C++ is a plus as well as working with legacy code.
- Experience with integration of systems utilizing multiple control computers and system control hardware.
- Experience working with DOD system engineering and requirements-based system development through all program phases, including requirements flow-down and RVTM development is preferred.
- Previous experience with hardware-software integration of embedded operating systems.
- System and subsystem activation, testing, and troubleshooting experience.
- Must be customer focused and able to work on a self- initiated basis or in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Ability to lead in a small team environment and demonstrate ownership of the assigned tasks.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/297277