Software Quality Engineer
2747 Loker Avenue West Carlsbad, CA 92008
The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for assisting in the development and testing of software programs for customer products and internal support, testing/troubleshooting reported issues, and debugging software programs. The Software Quality Engineer works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist both external customers and internal personnel with software issues and support requests.
- Debug and characterize reported issues, providing detailed configuration and descriptions for passing and failing tests.
- Read/debug C++/C# and provide detailed code traces to software developers.
- Collaborate well with users, stakeholders, and engineers in an agile environment.
- Actively embrace continuous improvement of self and of the team. Provide constructive feedback to peers to improve the team and processes.
- Maintain logs of software issues, execute tests on various hardware platforms, and document results.
- Assist with the configuration management of software builds and technical documentation.
- Develop tools to aid in the software support process and the development process.
- Working on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience\training\education.
- Software programming.
- Software quality or systems analysis.
- Test methodologies.
- Test automation tools or scripting skills desired.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with C++ and/or C#.
- Experience writing scripts or software with Python, Delphi or C#.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently/ self-starter.
- Ability and discipline to follow organizational and team working agreements.
- Basic understanding of scripting technologies such as Office macros, PowerShell, Windows Scripting Host
- Experience using TestComplete, Microsoft Test, or other test automation software preferred.
- Experience working with automation equipment (robotics and electro-mechanical devices) preferred
- Basic troubleshooting knowledge of electronics and mechanical theory preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Office environment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; requires close vision ability.
- Noise level is usually moderate.