Software Test Engineer
2800 Sturgis Road Oxnard, CA 93030
You will test embedded software and firmware that is controlling a machine. You will be creating test plans and scripts using the company' s proprietary scripting language. You will be running scripts and reporting results.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Devise and implement test strategies.
- This involves manipulating hardware to see its effect on software.
- Create test plans.
- Develop automated test scripts.
- Investigate and recreate reported defects.
- Track and document all testing defects and resolutions.
- Participate in the design and development for test automation and support.
- 0-10 years SQA experience with a degree in some form of software or engineering is needed.
- Experience in testing software/firmware.
- Experience with writing automated test scripts.
- Experience and understanding of electro-mechanical systems.
- Detail oriented.
- Deadline driven.
- Strong root-cause analysis skills.
- Must be able read schematics in order to figure out how to test something.
- Be experienced with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, and multimeters.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor' s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; and minimum two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.