SolidWorks Electrical Drafter
19641 Da Vinci Foothill Ranch, CA 92610
We have an opening at our Foothill Ranch, CA (Orange County) facility for a Solidworks Designer/Drafter who is responsible for necessary technical support to engineering and scientific staff.
Solidworks Electrical 2D - experience required
Design electrical systems that will be realized by internal resources or contracted services.
Prepare technical documentation of electrical systems with Solidworks Electrical software.
Primary responsibility is to create technical documentation for complex electro-mechanical system.
Ensure appropriate document control standards are followed including revision control and ECR/ECO procedures.
Typical areas of emphasis will include control and power panels, wiring and cabling, component usage and bill of materials, i.e.:
- System electrical schematics.
- Cable schedules and wiring diagrams.
- Selection of components.
- Component usage and installation.
- Basic mechanical modelling.
- Bill of materials.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience/degree is preferred.
- At least 2+ years of Solidworks Electrical CAD drafting and design experience in the manufacturing industry
- Solidworks Electrical certification a plus
- This role will require drafting of power and control panels and subsystems, automation and control schematics and I/O.
- Electrical Drafter will work with Electrical Engineer to create the design documents package using Solidworks Electrical.