747 Zeckendorf Blvd (World Headquarters) Garden City, NY 11530
The Planner will be responsible for forecasting and planning needs to maintain proper inventory levels, inventory mix, and overall efficiency of the program, while ensuring that is receiving the best possible price from respective vendors and OEMs.
- Rationalize all inventory programs to support the customer through planning of OEM, PMA and Standard Hardware parts.
- Develop and maintain an extrinsic forecast model for high dollar, high demand items based on forecast and actual shop visits and workscope.
- Work with IMOPS planning tools to support production.
- Develop and maintain a process to minimize the uncertainty of overhauled material availability and maximize used content for all Inventory Programs.
- Coordinate and facilitate periodic joint customer vendor planning conferences.
- Identify opportunities to maximize inventory investment and increase inventory turns.
- Negotiate best possible long-term agreements with volume discounts with appropriate vendors.
- Develop a strong relationship with all vendors and ensure that AAR is getting the best possible price.
- Get quotes on goods, services and parts to determine if AAR is receiving the best possible price.
- Solicit bids, analyze those quotes and recommend to Management who is the best overall vendor, looking at price, reputations, etc.
- Travel is required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to company values and ethics.
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately.
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy.
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities Strong judgment and decision making.
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.