Sr Cloud Engineer
Fort Worth, TX 76136 US
Will support, research, policy development, software packaging, configuration management, imaging, patch management and new technologies for the End-User Computing environment. They will develop, execute, and monitor operations across the Company. This position will assist in leading and providing hands-on services to perform these objectives.
- Implements, administers, and configures the MECM Enterprise environment.
- Implements, administers, and configures the Microsoft Intune environment for MECM & mobile devices.
- Design and configure Microsoft Azure, O365 and other Cloud environments.
- Create software packages, task sequences, OSDs, and patch management for deployment through MECM
- Performs desktop deployment automation architecture, design/migration and troubleshooting.
- Creates, tests and deploys OS images.
- Create reports in MECM utilizing PowerShell and SQL for automation and custom reporting
- Provides technical expertise, guidance, and strategic recommendations to other IT groups regarding configuration, deployment, and imaging issues.
- Assisting the service desk with resolution of in-depth end user issues
- Staying up to date on the evolving functionality of Cloud\MECM and working with IT stakeholders to implement new features as they become available
- Developing policies, standards and procedures for hardware and software.
- Provide expertise in complex software configuration for common and specialized software
- Adhere to all IT policies and procedures.
- Oversee and execute new version and technology projects
- Other similar duties as assigned.
- Strong experience with MECM, Intune, Office 365, WSUS, Office, Windows OS, package development and Group Policy.
- Experience in imaging.
- Experience in monitoring operations and providing metrics
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell scripting
- Will have a wide variety of expertise on PC application software
- Excellent writing skills to develop and maintain policies and procedures.
- Highly developed analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete project tasks within required deadlines.
- Drive and resourcefulness in making contributions both inside and outside areas of specifically assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to present ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time for preparation; targeting presentations to characteristics or needs of the audience. Presenting complex/technical information in a form that non-technical people can understand.
- General understanding of business processes.
- Ability to apply sound judgment. Committing to an action after developing alternative courses of action that are based on logical assumptions and factual information and that take resources, constraints, and organizational values into consideration.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing in diverse situations with all levels of management, vendors, customers (internal), and peers.
- Ability and willingness to continue to expand knowledge and experience base.
- Ability to function as part of a team, involving and supporting others to get the job done.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field with typically 5-10 or more years of successful IT professional experience, or equivalent education, training and/or experience
- 3+ years of senior level MECM administration
- 2+ years of Microsoft Cloud administration
- 3+ years Windows administration
- Strong PowerShell scripting abilities
- A consultative/advisory mindset with the ability to design
- Application packaging & scripting
- Desktop & Server patching
- Group policy management (GPOs)
- Must possess proven analytical ability and high-level technical background.
- This is a hands-on position.
- Prefer the candidate to have manufacturing IT experience.