Sr Safety Engineer
2734 Hickory Grove Road Davenport, IA 52804
Senior Safety Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Safety Engineer to support the performance definition and analysis of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within the Aircraft Systems Engineering team and a diverse line of Life Support and Aerial Refueling products for defense and commercial aerospace. This position is located in Davenport, Iowa.
- Perform detailed analysis and assessment of mechanical and electro-mechanical designs to identify and document reliability, maintainability and safety considerations.
- Develop reliability program plans, perform reliability analysis, apportion failure rates, generate reliability predictions and reports, analyze production and field data to identify reliability improvement opportunities.
- Utilize the company Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS).
- Conduct and document Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA/ FMEA) and Fault Tree Analysis.
- Lead / facilitate technical interchange meetings regarding systems performance and affect of changes.
- Support Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Perform systems and subsystems safety hazard analysis, assign hazard rating, develop mitigation strategies, actively track and manage hazards to acceptable risk levels.
- Perform maintainability analysis, identify preventative maintenance activities and cycle times, ensure customer maintenance requirements are met and support customer maintenance demonstrations.
- Generate proposals, RM&S estimates and support Total Cost of Ownership or Life Cycle Cost predictions.
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams for collaborative design and project execution coordination.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Engineering Technology discipline from an ABET accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the aerospace industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Safety Engineer.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS).
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- ABET accredited Graduate Degree in an Engineering field or Physics.
- Experienced using Reliability Prediction Software (eg. PTC/Relex Reliability Prediction or similar software.
- Experience performing reliability predictions and analysis for defense or commercial aerospace systems.
- Familiarity with Accelerated Life Testing (ALT), Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Environmental Stress Screening (ESS), and Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS).
- Strong statistical analysis and pragmatic problem solving skills.