Sr. Applications Engineer
need to fill Chandler, AZ 85224
This key Sr. Applications Engineer will provide dedicated onsite support at our customer site located in Chandler, AZ. This individual will take a lead role in the Central U.S. Applications team as well as work with other U.S. teams to evaluate customer device specifications, propose and implement test solutions.
What you will do...
- Evaluate proposed solutions to select the best methodology and provide feedback to Microchip.
- Provide assistance customer and Product Engineers to develop and debug Test Program and root cause specific test issues. This includes debug of test techniques, debug of Loadboard and/or tester hardware issues and stabilization of test programs using statistical analysis.
- Provide assistance Microchip Test and Product Engineers to design and develop innovative Loadboard Hardware to interface to customer' s device and or extend our system source and measure capabilities as required.
- Provide support for off-line development. This includes working with Microchip IT to update the off-line simulators and on-site testers with new Unison OSs as well as providing assistance to Microchip Test and Product Engineers to set up their simulators and to assist them with miscellaneous off-line development issues.
- Coordinate ' Lunch & Learn or Brown Bag' seminars for the MCU8, MCU16, MCU32 and MSLD groups. This includes creating a topics list and coordinating with your manager to identify the speaker as well as presenting a Brown Bag seminar.
- Provide support and feedback to the Sales team for new business opportunities as required.
- Provide assistance and feedback to the Sales team for tester configurations based on a Product Group of devices.
- Design, Develop, Verify and document new test techniques and new software tools.
- Develop an expertise with the IGXL to Unison Translator and the Unison Program Generator. The expertise is needed to help the customers with issues as well as provide feedback when issues are encountered with the tools Translator Tools.
- Provide support to Xcerra Engineering as required. This may include new instrument checkout including hardware and software evaluation, creating and submitting System Problem Reports and test cases for problem replication.
- Travel to other Microchip Facilities as needed to support new product releases as well assist in production issues.
What we are looking for -- our " wish list":
- BSEE, MSEE, BSET or similar education
- 5-10+ years’ experience in the ATE and/or semiconductor industry
- 10yrs experience in Test Engineering or combined experience as an Electronic Design Engineer, Electronic Product Engineer and Electronic Test Engineer
- Knowledge in at least two or more of the listed disciplines, RF Technology, Digital, Mixed Signal Test +DSP, Power Automotive, DFT (Design for Testability)
- Successful execution of turnkey projects
- On-site customer support experience
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Programming Skills
- Good understanding of electronics and electrical engineering
- Creative, communicative, flexible, organized, willing to learn
- Willingness to travel, collaborate with other cultures, able to work in international teams